Please note appointments are now available with a Social Worker, Mental Health Worker, and Pharmacist. You can book directly through reception and do not need to be referred by a GP.
- Consultation with a member of the Primary Care Team (GP, Nurse, Healthcare Asst.) is by appointment only.
- The appointment system operates to facilitate both the patient and the doctor.
- If you require an Urgent same day appointment you should phone once the telephone line opens at 8.30am. You will be allocated an appointment with the doctor available.
- If you have attended the A & E Dept of the Hospital and instructed to attend your Practice Nurse you must make an appointment.
- If your request is for a specific clinic attendance you will be notified by letter, when the individual clinic is scheduled.
- If you are late for an appointment you may not be seen.
- If you do not attend (DNA) your appointment on three consecutive occasions over the period of one year, that is you do not cancel your appointment should you no longer require one, you may be removed from the Practice Register.
- If you fail to keep your “new patient” registration appointment without explanation you will not be offered another appointment.
Appointments with a Doctor:
For routine consultations we will endeavour to offer patients an appointment within two working days of the request. For medically urgent requests, we will offer an appointment on the same day (Or as directed by a member of the Primary Care Team). If you request an appointment for a specific clinic you may have to wait more than two days (or you will be given the next available appointment for the clinic).
With a Practice Nurse
For routine appointments we will offer an appointment as quickly as possible.
Routine blood tests are carrried out by our Healthcare Assistant.
The medical receptionists are there to assist you and answer any questions within their remit. Every assistance will be provided by them to ensure your needs are met.
The receptionists treat all information with confidentiality and within the legislation of the Data Protection Act and may only provide information relating specifically to you as the patient.
ONLINE APPOINTMENT SERVICES
Enquire at reception about online services - the receptionist will explain what you have to do to be able to book your appointment online or order repeat medication which the doctor has prescribed for you online.